De Moivre (1722)
– French Protestant, jailed by the Catholic King Louis XIV (14th), exiled to UK.
– Gave Tuition in the Duke home where he met Newton with the newly published book “Principia” and the “New Math” Calculus, he self-paced study to become expert in Calculus.
– He never got a Professor job despite Newton and Leibniz’s help.
– He observed gambling in coffee shops, invented the Game Theory.
– He liked to sleep. One day he declared he would sleep 20 mins more per day. On 73rd day when he accumulated 24 hrs more, he died at 87 yrs old !