- Fermat’s Last Theorem (FLT):
- Pierre de Fermat (France 1637 AD): FLT Conjecture or Prank ?
- Euler (n= 3)
- Taniyama(谷山)-Shimura(志村)-(André) Weil Conjecture (now Theorem)
Modular Form = Elliptic Curve
- Galois Group Symmetry
- Andrew Wiles (UK Cambridge 1994):
(Modular Form = Elliptic Curve) <=> FLT (q.e.d.)
1. Do not confuse Prof Andrew Wiles (proved FLT) with (French/American) Prof André Weil (Founder of Bourbaki School of Modern Math in POST-WW2 universities worldwide).
2. When Shimura heard that FLT was proved finally by Andrew Wiles using his Conjecture (Theorem), he was very calm, said, “I told you so”.
3. There is another “Fermat’s Little Theorem” used in computer cryptography.
4. The journey of proving FLT in 358 years by all great mathematicians worldwide had created many new math tools and Number theories (eg. “Ideals” in Ring Theory, etc).