Key Points of the Talk:
1) Math is interesting but is only so after undergraduate school. Before that, Math is taught as computation subject from Elementary to High school.
2) Braid : Bach music, Juggling 3 balls
3) Platonic Icosahedral (20面体) Structure discovered by ancient Greek Plato 2000 years ago, but can’t find a real world Icosahedral object until in Viruses found by Louis Pasteur in 20th century – also now in Sars, Covid19.
4) Group Theory : Battenberg Cake, Bed Mattress Rotate/Flop/ Flipping
5) Mobius Strip & Donnut Cutting.
6) Fermat’s Last Theorem : Andrew Wiles in 1994 proved in 7 years still with a “hole”, but fixed a year later by himself & his student.
7) MacLane Pentagon : Higher-Dimension Categories (PhD Math)